Civilization is a huge blessing... but it comes at the cost of fewer rites of passage and fewer ways to express healthy masculinity.
If your inner warrior wants OUT (beyond paintball and crossfit)... then you're ready for the hunt.
This is what initiation creates...
"There is nothing that inspires confidence in me than literally being able to go out and eat what I kill. Cannot recommend hunting enough."
- Mansal D
"It's a powerful experience to get to connect with the land... spiritually, I had a really big breakthrough just being in that container..."
- Brandon E
"It’s no secret that the food system is broken…[I want to] only consume the meat that I directly hunt or trade”
- Jordan B
"Seeing her approach death was an emotional experience...I teared up and cried a bit."
- Tim K
"It was a really great experience to bond with the other men there...[I enjoyed] the fireside convos. Awesome group of guys..."
- Kitch W
"Some of the most important men's work... world's work, really... this is something that felt really important for me to connect with my primal roots..."
- Jordan B
There is no therapy, method, or program as old or as profound as sacred hunting.
Power plants, taken in sacred ceremony, have allowed men to expand their consciousness for tens of thousands of years. Examples of power plants include cacao, reishi, and others.
Indigenous hunter-gatherers had an intimate relationship with nature and the mysteries of the universe. Reclaiming these practices boosts our sense of gratitude and presence.
Hunting is older than humanity itself. Tribes of men would bond around the fire, share laughs, and provide meat for their loved ones and community.
Mansal Denton "Little Beaver" is the founder of Sacred Hunting, host of the Mansal Denton Podcast, and the subject of an upcoming documentary BELOW THE DROP exploring our relationship to life and death through hunting.
Feeling insecure in early life, he chased a woman to Europe, which led him to prison. Struggling with shame and confusion of what it meant to be a man, he found his calling with the sacred art of hunting. He now desires to share this practice with more men.
His indigenous name comes from a Crow Sun Dance chief. His spiritual lineage is derived from 6 years of mentorship from a Muskogee/Creek medicine man named Will "Star Heart".
Apply & Schedule a Call
Each experience is invite only. Outside applications will be evaluated fairly to see if there is a fit. We will discuss what you desire to achieve and what stumbling blocks are holding you back.
Choose Your Adventure
If you are selected, choose which commitment aligns with your schedule and financial means. We have programs of many ranges and this is a substantial investment in yourself.
Experience True Confidence
There is nothing more powerful for a man to feel competent and secure standing on his own two feet. Harness this power to create the relationships and professional life you desire.
* Facilitated 3-day hunt to learn the basics of hunting and butchering an animal (see calendar here). Beginners will use a rifle to start.
* Power plants & indigenous ceremonies to deepen your relationship with masculinity and your food
* Lodging, food, and access to prime hunting grounds. You will learn from the foundations every part of the process.
* Pricing varies depending on programming. This is a major time & monetary commitment in yourself.
* 3 month post-Sacred Hunting integration program to bring wisdom into daily life
* Private accountability group to post exercises, journaling & get support from other men who have been through this rite of passage
* Identify your values, create a vision for your ideal future, & have guidance to achieve that vision
* Support calls to enable participants to come into greater embodiment, a deeper connection to mission/purpose, & follow through effectively in their commitments
* Annual, invite-only membership for intermediate & advanced Sacred Hunting participants
* Curated group of peers to have nationwide & international adventures
* Bi-monthly local, hog hunting access to ONLY eat meat you harvested
* Day clinics (rifle, handgun, wildlife tracking, cooking) & wild game banquet events to solidify brotherhood
* 20 Participant maximum (highly selective process)
I'm struggling with...
If I could just...
Because I want to...
"It was incredible...Easily one of the best experiences of my life. First kill on the tail end... I've never experienced anything like it."
- Kyle Kingsbury
Onnit / retired-UFC Fighter / Kyle Kingsbury Podcast
"This was among the more powerful, introspective experiences of my life. Something about the ceremony, beautiful setting, challenging physical work, and strong medicine, combined into an extremely deep trance state that I hadn't been in before. Weeks later I'm still working on integrating and reflecting on all of it, but needless to say it's going to influence my writing for the next few months, and it dramatically shifted my perspective on my life and work."
- Nat E
Get our 22 Step Beginner Checklist to start hunting in 3 weeks. Use this simple step-by-step guide to prepare you for your first hunt.
Any participant is free to choose, but we highly recommend beginners start with a rifle. It is both easier to have the 0 to 1 experience of taking a life and it is also more ethical to have a quick, clean kill for the sake of the animal.
Beginner Sacred Hunting trips currently have ~ 84% success rate for participants. There is a high level of likelihood you will have an opportunity. However, please note that the experience is about far more than whether you get to pull the trigger on an animal.
The Sacred Hunting Immersion beginner experiences are created to allow complete beginners to learn the practical skills of firing a rifle, stalking, killing, gutting, and skinning the animal. Any prior preparation and practice is a plus, but it is possible to show up without any experience.
Yes, each attendee will split the meat from the experience equally. We are "in this together". Meat processing can take weeks to months so there will be a delay, but it will be available for pick up or shipped to those not living in Austin, TX.
Taking the life of an animal, pushing through discomfort, expanding consciousness; these are not trivial. These are part of a profound and challenging initiation. If you feel truly called to this, please join.Yes, I'm ready